The Weather obviously...

About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
I'm a stressed out working mother of four monsters with 2 jobs & a hubby.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Speech Skills

Why is it that when you have a toddler learning to talk, they always learn the things you wish they wouldn't, first!
Sonaeya for example has learn't to scream
"No no no no, doooyyyt touch!" when she decided to sit on the kitchen table. ON the kitchen table, not AT the table mind you!

She also discovered today how to say 'bum' when having a shower with daddy & smacking his 'bum' at the same time as yelling it to him - I guess she just wanted to make sure he knew what it was.

Yesterday, upon entering the 'baby' room to pick Sonaeya up from childcare after work that morning, I was met with a a certain baby girl running full pelt towards me whilst yelling "MMMUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!" at the top of her lungs.
I knelt down expecting the usual, to be knocked on my arse from her launching herself right at my face for a hug.

When she was a few feet away, I knelt down with my arms open in readiness for the squishy hug I was about to receive & instead she stopped dead in her tracks, tilted her head down with a scowl & yelled "nnnnnNNNNNNNNNNOOOO!"
"Stand up!" which I promptly did & was then met with an immediate cheeky grin & a set of arms raised in the air for a hug - she did NOT want me at her eye level - strange child, that was new to me.
She is picking up on every word we say atm like 'damn it' & 'bugga' she's a lot more cluey that Koby was & she's as quick as a flash, watch out world, here she comes!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Who is raising who? They learn those words real young, don't they?